located on the right bank of the river Tisza, in an eastern branch of the river, at the mouth of the Körös. Ancient history of the town can be studied in the Inner City, lying, as a result of the winding river Tisza, not in the centre of the town as usual but in its eastern part. Here you can find the only group of living folk architectural monuments in the Great Plain The resort area of the mouth of the Körös is not far from the Inner City. Charm is added to the place by the almost 700m long sand-beach, which is ideal for lovers of sun and water sports. The appearance of the present town centre is determined by its characteristic buildings: the baroque Our Lady church (built between 1762 and 1769), the Art Nouveau building of the Batsányi János Secondary school, the Town Hall built in 1937 and the streets and squares lined by trees and flower beds and parks, as Csongrád is the town planted with the largest quantity of trees on the Great Plain. According to the date of 2015, the town’s population is 16.500.
The partnership agreement between Bełchatów and Csongrád was signed on June of 2005.
The project is directed to debuting young artists in age from 10 to 15 years old - for children and youngsters who show extraordinary artistic skills in the fine arts, in every planar and spatial form as well as in all available techniques. The project will be implemented during the cycles; from 16th of May 2016 to 15th of May 2017. Will include three different types of cultural projects; the workshop, the plein-air painting and opening with an exhibition of works of all young artists. The maximum number of participants is 40 young artists - children and youngsters (in age 10-15 years old). Number of participants per each city it is 10 children and 8 followers/teachers (per 2 from each city, including a representative of the municipalities).
©2016 Urząd Miasta Bełchatowa